Dating drenthe en language language nl nl site
The successor Batavian Republic granted it provincial status on 1 January 1796.Shortly before the outbreak of the Second World War, the Dutch government built a camp near the town of Hooghalen to accommodate German (Jewish) refugees.In January 2017, it had a population of 491,867 and a total area of 2,683 km (1,036 sq mi). The region has subsequently been part of the Episcopal principality of Utrecht, Habsburg Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Batavian Republic, Kingdom of Holland and Kingdom of the Netherlands. The capital and seat of the provincial government is Assen.The King's Commissioner of Drenthe is Jetta Klijnsma.The Labour Party (Pvd A) is the largest party in the States-Provincial, followed by the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) and the Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA).Drenthe is a sparsely populated rural area, unlike many other parts of the Netherlands.After long being subject to the Utrecht diocese, Bishop Henry of Wittelsbach in 1528 ceded Drenthe to Emperor Charles V of Habsburg, who incorporated it into the Habsburg Netherlands.
In 2006, the archaeological reserve of Strubben-Kniphorstbos, located between Anloo and Schipborg, was created to preserve part of this heritage.
In fact, it was one of the most densely populated areas of the Netherlands until the Bronze Age.
The most tangible evidence of this are the dolmens (hunebedden) built around 3500 BC.
It has a total area of 2,683 km Drenthe has several heathlands and no significant rivers or lakes.
The national parks Drents-Friese Wold and Dwingelderveld (IUCN category II) and the national landscape Drentsche Aa (IUCN category V) are all (partially) located in the province.